Thankful Thursday and Thankful IT'S Thursday
1. That I have a home to come home to, that has a beautiful porch and backyard where I can sit and just breathe in the fresh air. I feel very lucky that Michael and I were able to buy this house so soon in our marriage and am looking forward to fixing it up over the next couple of years.
2. My awesome husband who I haven't got to see much of this week due to his night shift, but who is my favorite person in the whole world. I swear I could stay up for hours just talking to him, laughing at him, and just sitting near him. He makes my life happy. He's also on my good list because my camera comes tomorrow. WOOT WOOT
2. For a job that allows me to change the lives of the students I work with. I'm not saying I'm an expert teacher, or that I'm awesome at what I do. I am still learning every day how to be the best teacher for my now 22 little friends, but I love what I do. Yes I love my weekends and time off too, but there is nothing like doing a bio poem, and reading on the part that says "Who loves" and seeing my name on that piece of paper.
3. Family. Dave getting into his accident this week, although it was minor, just makes me more and more thankful for my family. Everything seems to change as we continue to get older, but the love from family and friends is always a constant. I am thankful for amazing family members who I am so close with and just love dearly.
4. Tilly. I've never been a dog person...yes we owned dogs here and there that I loved as a child, but as an adult I never thought I would be that girl with a dog. Welp, I am and I'm proud of it. When Michael is on nights, she is the best company and the cutest little thing.
5. My friends. From highschool, to sweet college friends/ZTA sisters, and as I like to call them "grown up friends" or friends that I have met since moving to Bay City and starting my teaching career. Whether we get to talk every day because we're right across the hall from eachother (THEBFF), get to see eachother thanks to homework assignments, send emails, texts, or cards back and forth, or just get to meet up every once in a while, I'm just very thankful for those friendships. Quality not Quantity. :)
6. A new baby in my friend family. So happy that my sweet friend had her beautiful little girl, and that the whole happy family is at home and enjoying their new life together. Babies are such a miracle and I just love that my friends are getting to experience that joy and letting me share in it along the way. I love seeing my beautiful friends take on such a precious new role and hope that one day when Michael and I decide it's time, I will be as good of a mom as they are.
7. Stability. The things that I see some of my sweet little friends go through just about breaks my heart. I am thankful that I grew up in a home with people who cared about my well being more than there's, provided for me the needs and wants that I desired, and that Michael and I are able to provide stability for ourselves. That last part may seem a bit obnoxious but is something that I am very thankful for.
8. The weather. I absolutely love the weather right now. Yes I know Texas is bipolor and is cold in the mornings and hot in the afternoons, but I love being able to come outside when I get home and just sit without being drenched in sweat or have 3 layers of clothing on.
9. Flip Flops. Say what?! Yup. I LOVE flip flops. After wearing close-toed shoes all week long because my toes look AWFUL, I am thankful for flip flops. My feet get sufficated when they can't breathe.
10. Dr. Pepper....you guys...this should be expected. I LOVE Dr. Pepper. My local McDonald's has decided that it is not important enough to keep in stock all week....ahhhh....but thankfully my THEBFFFFFF took care of me all week. It has kept me going, especially since I had duty this week.
11. My blogging friends and readers. Thankful you all visit my page and read my random posts. I enjoy reading your blogs and hope mine isn't too boring compared to you all's. I am looking for a new little theme and layout, but give me time as I'm still trying to figure it all out. Thank you for letting me into your worlds and excepting me for the random/weird/crazy person that I am.
12. FRIDAY!!! I can't believe that it is already FRIDAY tomorrow. So much happening tomorrow and this weekend that I am so excited. I do love my weeekends. First....CAMERA...if you have been keeping up with me I ordered my dream camera Monday and it is sitting about an hour away from me waiting to join it's new family. I have to think of a name ASAP. Ideas? Also, Friday's are my favorite days with my little friends. They work so hard all week that I love rewarding them. I take my practice test for my certification this week and although I'm not too thankful for that....I am thankful that I get to do some shopping afterwards and maybe get to see my mom. wootwoot.
This is riduculous but I'm going to share anyways....I came up with 11 things today and HATE odd numbers so I added in another to make 12. Plus I love the number 12. Not that there aren't more things that I'm thankful for, but tried to keep it to a minimum. hehe
Fun story for today....
We are learning about coins this week (today was my observation with my principal) and a student saw the date of a coin and goes...
"this coin is VERY old...it was made in 1997"
and all my other little friends go
"WOW...1997....that is soooooo old".
haha goodness I love them.
Ok guys...have to get on with my chore list and finish up my shutterfly book. I hope you each had a Terrific Thursday and have a fantastic Friday.
Love, Love, Love