December's I'd Like To List1.
2. Complete 2 Shutterfly Books: Got one of the 2 done... 2nd Year of teaching and
7. Try 5 new recipes. I tried and did not succeed at this. We made a few but I am a work in progress
8. Make our wedding picture CD's for the family. I still need to do this, especially for Grandmom. :)
10. Complete my incomplete's from last month- go to a movie,
January's I Will/Fresh Start List
When setting goals, I come to realize that you have to be specific on what it is that you would like to accomplish. I've found it's easier to go month by month, adding in different things to help keep the change you want in particular areas of your life. I enjoy writing this out because it keeps me on track and I LOVE getting to cross through the things I've done at the end of a month. Here are what I would love to get done in January of 2013:
1. Take care of me: I want to make sure I am getting enough exercise, drinking enough water, and just taking care of the body I have been given. I want to get in a routine of washing my face and just making me a better me. (Long term goal)
2. Be the best wife that I can be: With Michael's job, there is always a chance that he could be hurt or just not come home. I want to make sure I am spending the time we do have together enjoying him and our marriage. You only are a newly wed for so long.
3. Take back my life from Technology: last month, Michael had to use my phone for about 2 weeks so I had nothing except my computer and I must admit that it was one of the most calm, relaxing 2 weeks of my life. Technology makes things so accessible BUT I want to make sure that I'm using it the right way. (long term goal)
4. Do 5 DIY projects for Practice: I am soooo not a DIY person but I love the escape that it gives me when I am sitting in our study working on it. Even though I've accepted that they don't turn out how they should, I love that it makes me happy to do them (especially since I'm a perfectionist. It's one of the things in my life that doesn't have to be perfect).
5. Mail at least 5 cards of encouragment: I love love love sending mail. I don't know why but any time I find cards, I buy them for fun. If you message me your address, I'de love to send you some words of encouragment. I think we can all agree it's nice to get fun mail instead of bills. hehe
6. Continue learning: I love to learn. Maybe that's the teacher in me but I am excited to learn more about my camera, photoshop, and do some relaxing reading. Keep my mind sharp. :)
7. Best Part of the Day Journal: This is something I did last year and boy does it help your attitude at the end of each day. I want to write what the best part of each day was in my journal so that I can go back in December of 2013 and see all the positives, instead of the negatives. (long term goal)
8. Best of 2013 Jar: I found the idea on pinterest and am excited to utilize this in our home. When you look back on a year, it's so easy to forget those small triumphs. I want to make sure all the important parts of the year are remembered. (Long term goal)
9. Continue this blogging journey: Y'all I just started this blog a few months ago. I did it for me, as a place to just jot down my thoughts, but it has turned into one of the best things I could have done. I love the support and encouragement from you all and I hope to get better at doing the same for all of you and the blogs that I follow along with.
10. Complete my incomplete's from the past months: Going to the movies (why do I find this so difficult), spend the weekend with my girlfriends I haven't gotten to be with in a while, put our wedding pictures on flash drives for my family, and try out 5 new recipes.
Woowee I better get busy! Happy New Year's Friends. YAY for 2013 full of lots of health, happiness, laughter, maybe some tears, and new friendships!